CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy 4th of July

I know it is NOT the 4th but I am now blogging about our 4th of July fun.

On July 3rd we went with our receptionist (Keshia) & the Sister Missionaries (Sis. Teveten & Sis. Hibbert) to Avery Ranch to see the fireworks there. We took blankets and laid them out on the lawn. Sadly, Andrew got more than fireworks he also experienced fire ants. He accidentally stood in a ant pile and we didn't realize it until he started crying. Daddy came to the rescue and swiped him up into his arms and started madly brushing off the ants. Unfortunately it was too late & Andrew was covered in ouchy ant bites, so was daddy. Andrew wouldn't wear his sandals he was wearing when he got bit for a whole week. He is too smart for his own good. Other than our run in with the fire ants we did have fun.

Even though we had gone to see fireworks on the 3rd we also went on the 4th b/c the fireworks were right behind our office in Milburn Park. We went and walked around to all the booths, then my cousin (Kerry Watson) & his family got there so we just hung out with them. We LOVE hanging out with family so that was a fun treat to meet up with them there. Then also our friends the McKinneys came and hung out with our group too. When the fireworks finally started it was great. Andrew was just totally still and mesmerized by the fireworks. He even would cheer and clap for the best ones. These fireworks were probably the best I have seen in a long time. Well, happy 4th of July. I love this Holiday b/c I love fireworks but also b/c I love remembering how blessed we are to live in this great country. We are so blessed & lucky to be here.



As you can see we sure had A LOT of fun.

1 comments:

kcwatson said...

Hey...we went to the Avery Ranch fireworks too. Were you by the lake/river area or the park?