CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I am a FREE woman!!!

We have been talking about getting a second car, but we were waiting to see if I had gotten into school and if it really was a necessity. As soon as I found out I had gotten accepted to dental hygiene school my heart longed for a car. I just hate the feeling of being trapped at home. So, we went car looking. I say car looking b/c we had promised ourselves that we weren't going to buy a car the day. We first looked at and test drove a Pontiac G6 which I fell in love with immediately. It was such a cute and fun car, but we were worried about the mpg since it was a V6. So, we next looked at and test drove a Ford Focus. I really liked this car too, but I still was stuck on the Pontiac. Last of all we looked at and test drove a Kia, but it had so much hail damage we just couldn't see ourselves driving it, also the sales man was one of your typical stereotype, doesn't listen to what you really are looking for sales men and we didn't want anything to do with him.

After car looking NOT shopping we went home and did our homework on the Pontiac and Ford. They actually were pretty close on most things but the Ford was newer, had less miles on it, and got better gas mileage so we decided we were going to go with the Ford. I just got so excited that I talked Jon into buying it that night.
I LOVE my cute car. She is a metallic light blue, has a audio line where I can plug in my ipod, is pretty roomy, and drives so great. I LOVE having a car and not being trapped anymore. I have noticed a difference in Andrew too. He is not near as aggressive and LOVES going places. In fact the other day we walked up to the office to pay rent and he wanted to ride so bad in the what he calls the butterfly car (I have sunshades with butterflies on them). We go to the gym, playgroup, even pick up friends to go play with us. I just LOVE having a car!! YEAH ME!!!

2 comments:

kcwatson said...

Whoa...you've been busy with the blog. I love it all, broken sandwich story is too funny! Congrats on that NEW CAR! Having 1 car is very hard...I'm so glad you have a car now!! It looks really cute!

Lisa Johnson said...

YEAH for a new car!!! :)