CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

May 2010 in Review

1. Checking out Bull Creek Dog Park w/ Trace, our new dog!

Now that we have our lovable new dog, Trace, we decided to be adventurous and check out one of the dog parks that runs by a creek. Well unfortunately the dog park was closed but we just had fun exploring the creek area and Trace even got in the creek for a little while. We tried to take Trace off the leash to see if he would stay with us, but he didn’t. Fortunately he did stop running and eventually we got him back on his leash. YIKES, that could have been bad.

Andrew’s giving Trace loves on the way to the dog park.

Aug 2009 through June 2010 464

We had so much fun just being outside and taking in all the beautiful trees and listening to the creek.

Aug 2009 through June 2010 466

I guess we wore out Andrew & Trace b/c they both slept on the way home from the park. TOO CUTE!!!

Aug 2009 through June 2010 467

Aug 2009 through June 2010 468

Once we got home though they were wide awake and back having fun together. Do you think Andrew loves his dog? Trace really is a great dog and is so patient with Andrew.

Aug 2009 through June 2010 469

2. Mother’s Day Love and Crying

Jon was so sweet on Mother’s Day and spoiled me rotten. He made me gingerbread pancakes and stacked them with yummy cream in between them and to top it off he put more cream and strawberries on top. WOW & YUMMY! He had also bought my favorite orange juice. Then he let me open my presents and I didn’t have to wait until later. Andrew was way excited for me to open his present which was a flower he had painted and that had his picture in the middle of it. CUTE!!!

004

Then Jon got me a cute picture of a mom and dad swinging their child like we do to Andrew. You just can see the back from their mid back down and it says “The most important things in life aren’t thing.” Wow I really love that quote and it is so true but I forget that a lot on the time. He also knows I love to read but knows I have been struggling with not being the kind of mom I want to be and then feeling guilty about it so he got me this great book called “Thank goodness I’m Not The Only One” I read that book in two days it was so good and I highly recommend it to any guilty feeling mother…oh wait that is all of us. =)

001 

Then Jon went to his meetings which by the way I was really upset they were having meetings on Mother’s Day. Oh well! So I actually got ready for church and went to sacrament meeting b/c Andrew was singing with the Primary for Mother’s Day and I didn’t want to miss it. Also they were giving yummy Godiva chocolates out after church so I for sure wanted to get those too. I had planned to stay the whole 3 hours b/c how could you feel guilty at church on Mother’s Day….I was wrong you can feel guilty even more on Mother’s Day at least for me. So I just cried the whole time Andrew was up singing and those were good tears, but then I just couldn’t stop crying and I just got really upset b/c my negative self talk started gong crazy about how I am not a good enough mother and how if I don’t get a stronger testimony and start going to church again Andrew is going to leave the church and hate me. YIKES…that was just more that I could handle so I stood up and left. I bawled all the way home and then just cried some more here at home. I called my mom b/c I just didn’t know what to do. Of course my mom helped me and calmed me down. She said on Mother’s Day you just be happy if anything nice happens and that it is normal to feel guilty as a mother. Wow, I just hadn’t thought other mothers felt that way I did but now come to find out most mothers do but not necessarily to the extent that I do. So after I had stopped crying I just enjoyed reading my new book in silence. Jon came home from church and had grabbed some chocolate for me. YEAH!!! It was so YUMMY! Then he made a yummy dinner for me. THANKS HUN for making Mother’s Day great!

3. Memorial Day Weekend at Mimi and Papa’s

We had planned on gong up to my parents for Memorial Day weekend but I was so worried about Trace, our dog, making messes or having an accident, Andrew having accidents too, and just worried about EVERYTHING that at the last minute I decided we weren’t going b/c I just couldn’t deal with the anxiety it was causing. So Friday night we just hung out and Saturday morning we went to Costco to get yummy treats for Memorial Day but on the way home my mom called and said she had had a dream that we were coming up today so I had a change of heart and we packed up our stuff and headed up. I am really glad we did go b/c we really did have A LOT of fun.

When we first got there everyone was outside hanging out so Trace was having fun being outside with us. He even killed a big mouse and was so proud of himself.

trace

trace and mouse

BUT then when we went inside and left Trace outside b/c my parents hadn’t said we could bring him in the house I felt bad for him b/c at our house he is mostly inside with us and if not he cries like he did at my parents house. Finally my mom asked me if dad had said Trace couldn’t come in and when I told her no, but that he hadn’t said yes either she let him come in. So really I just shouldn’t have been scared to talk to my dad and just ask him about Trace. I don’t know why but I revert back to thinking, feeling and acting like a little girl again when I am at home. Weird but true.

So once Trace could come inside with us that trip was great. Don’t get me wrong I lost my temper with Andrew that last couple days b/c he had an accident and I was worried about Trace the whole time but it really was okay and we had a fun time.

Andrew & Autumn were outside helping Papa in the garden when Nate walked out there with this mask on he had gotten on his mission, so of course Andrew wanted to try it on. Silly Uncle Nate.

Aug 2009 through June 2010 481

Then Andrew and Autumn helped Papa water the garden. TOO CUTE!!!

Aug 2009 through June 2010 483

Of course we had TONS of fun swimming and getting chased by Aunt Lisa, the monster.

Aug 2009 through June 2010 485

Aug 2009 through June 2010 484

Of course Papa had fun swimming with his grandkids. He is such a great grandpa and so much fun.

swim

He even let them push him into the pool which they thought was so funny.

papa

Andrew surprised us all and started putting his face in the water in the hot tub. WOW!!! I really do need to get him into some swimming lessons.

Aug 2009 through June 2010 493

Andrew’s eyes were getting bloodshot from the water so Papa went and got him some goggles, or gobbles as Andrew says.

Aug 2009 through June 2010 496

Trace even got in on the water fun. He loved trying to get this ball out of the hot tub and even accidentally fell in once.

Aug 2009 through June 2010 490

Most of the time though he was napping in his favorite spot under a bush near the bear. TOO CUTE!!

Aug 2009 through June 2010 491

Papa also took us to see Shrek 4 and Andrew actually did a great job just sitting there quietly and watching the movie. It was a cute movie by the way.

Then on Saturday night Lisa, Autumn, Andrew & I went to the Frisco baseball field to watch Shrek on the big screen there but most of the time Andrew and Autumn were off playing with other kids in the fields. My dad’s office was sponsoring it. We got free admission, free popcorn, fake tattoos, glow in the dark green necklaces that they called “Shreklaces” (CUTE) and Papa bought us some drinks. THANKS for a FUN night Papa!

shrek

Papa was funny and got his fake tattoo on the top of his head.

shrek2

Autumn tried to put my hair in a pony tail, but more was pulling my hair and hurting me. Oh well I love my cute little niece.

shrek3

During the movie a cute little kid that was sitting in front of us decided to come sit with his new friend, Andrew. I love how Andrew can make friends so easily and I hope that is something that he continues to do throughout his life b/c great friends bring so much joy.

shrek4

After Memorial Day weekend Jon went back home and Andrew & I stayed until the next weekend b/c Jon had a conference from Thursday to Saturday and I didn’t want to be home all alone. So we were so excited to be together again on Sunday when he drove up to pick us up. Our family all together again YEAH!!!

Also I don’t know if you can tell in the picture but I had mom cut my hair to my shoulders while we were up there. I asked my mom if she liked cutting hair and she said no b/c she doesn’t really know how to even though her whole family, meaning us, assume she does since her dad was a barber. TOO FUNNY! THANKS MOM YOU DID A GREAT JOB!!!

our family

The cousins had to give hugs and kisses before we left too.

cousins cousins2

We sure had fun but it was sure time to go home too. =)

2 comments:

kcwatson said...

Fun to read about everything. Call you soon to reschedule FHE, sorry it has taken way tooo long, I'm slow. Just so you know, yes, I always feel guilty as a mom wondering if I am being a slacker, doing enough, etc....!

Krista said...

Lexi!! You are awesome! These are great updates!! Someday I'll fix my blog and I'll make sure you're added to the list. It's just private right now with no new posts. I need to spend less time reading and more time writing! :D

We love you!! I don't think I'll ever be able to express how much you meant to me over the years, particularly as a young Beehive looking up to you in YW. I still have notes that you wrote to me at Girl's Camp when you were a YCL. Thank you so much for being a great friend and "older sister" to me when I needed a friend most!