When I woke up this morning I found Jon playing a game with Andrew. Also Jon was so sweet and cleaned up Andrew’s room that looked like a tornado had hit it. Jon really is such a great dad and husband. Andrew & I are so lucky to have him in our life.
After the game, we decided to go for a walk as a family this morning. I say walk but really Andrew just ran and ran and ran. It actually was real nice hanging out but we only stayed a little while b/c the Texas HEAT became too much for me.
The rest of the day Andrew & I just hung out. I also cleaned up the computer area which I have needed to do for a REALLY LONG time but just wasn’t ready to b/c all of my old dental hygiene stuff is over there. As I came to find out I still wasn’t really ready to do that but I did and I am glad I did. I was okay when I cleaned out my folders from my past classes but just cried when I cleaned out my backpack that I hadn’t touched since I had withdrew from school in March. OUCH!!! Oh well life goes on and I will go on too.
On to happier things…this is the yummy better than sex cake that Jon had started making last night for my birthday. It is just a chocolate cake, but then you put holes in it and pour sweet& condensed milk over it and caramel. Then he put it in the fridge and chilled it until tonight when he finished it off with whip cream, Heath pieces and more caramel.
Jon also surprised me with some strawberry lemonade sparkling drink b/c I LOVE strawberry lemonade. The cake and the strawberry lemonade were so YUMMY!
(P.S. I wasn’t going to include this picture b/c I look so horrid in it but life isn’t always beautiful so why not show the REAL times too.)
So tonight we were funny and had our dessert, my birthday cake, first b/c our apartment was having FREE pizza & drinks with a outdoor movie too but not until later that night. We did go down later and get out pizza and drinks but we didn’t want to stay for the movie so we just came back to our apartment. We had fun eating our pizza on the couch while watching “So You Think You Can Dance”. We really did have a fun night together!
As you can see in this picture Andrew was so EXCITED about his pepperoni pizza and Caprison drink. I love how such simple things bring Andrew just great joy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment