CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thunderstorm, Prayers & Swim Lessons

So last night we woke up to window shattering thunder and blinding lightning. Shortly after the storm woke me up I heard Andrew screaming and so Jon ran in to comfort him and ended up bringing him to sleep with us b/c he was so freaked out. He kept his hands on his ears and was hiding under the covers and shuddering with each thunder clap. So not even thinking I suggested we say a prayer b/c Heavenly Father can always help us when we are scared and give us the courage and comfort we need. Right after I said that I thought to myself that I really need to take my own advice and rely on my Heavenly Father more for the strength that I need especially when I am trying to go to church and NOT feel so guilty that I have to leave. Wow, it is really amazing how even my scared little boy can teach me how to be better. Also our new dog, Trace, was hyperventilating b/c he is scared of storms too. Finally the storm moved on and we all were able to go back to sleep.

Jon woke up like usual and got Andrew ready for school, came in and gave me loves and then off to work and school they went. I fell back asleep immediately. When I finally woke up I did some blogging and then went and worked out for a little while before I went and picked up Andrew from daycare. I haven’t worked out for a LONG time so I only worked out for 10 min. but even that little time felt good and I realized that I need to workout for me and not worry about others around me in there and how hard they are working out or worry about what they are thinking about me.

Around 5 pm we headed to Andrew’s swim lessons. He absolutely LOVES his teacher, Courtney, and really is starting to like the water. Today he got his head in the water up to his eyes. He didn’t really like it but did great.t

When Courtney isn’t working with him he sits on his kickboard that is in the shape of a turtle.

062

Today he worked on laying on his back and did pretty good.

057

He also worked on kicking his feet.

059

He also worked on getting a ring from the bottom of a platform and kind of had an advantage with his long arms so did great. He was so excited when he got the ring and turned toward me and clapped with a huge smile on his face too.

052

He didn’t like putting his head under water but by the end of class he did so he could get his gummy bear treat and a special prize and be able to go down the water slide after his lesson. Also as we are walking out the door he gets a fun fish stamp on his hand. YEAH ANDREW!!!

063 

He also LOVES his new Spiderman towel! Thanks Mimi!!!!

Aug 2009 through June 2010 497

0 comments: