So this morning we woke up late b/c we just slept in and cuddled. I love those times in the morning when Trace & Andrew just cuddle with me for about a 1/2 hour and we just get to talk and love on each other!
Well, even playgroup was starting really soon after we woke up and got started I decided to take my Uncle Wes’s advice and do what will make Lexie that happiest & don’t be a slave to technology (meaning don’t let your life run you but run your life), which at that moment was going and working out b/c I hadn’t worked out is quite a while and I know it really does help me. Also I really do like working out once I get there it is just the getting myself there that is the hardest part. So off we went to the gym & then we visited daddy really fast & finally we headed to the park for playgroup time. Also I figure playgroup is there for me to use not to be another appointment I have to be on time too. I really do need to go with the flow more and not worry so much about what others I going to think if I am late to something like that or if I am being a bad mom to Andrew b/c he won’t have as much time to play with the other kids…this is when I have to use a saying I got from my FAVORITE BOOK, Toss the Guilt & Catch the Joy by Merilee Boyack, “STOP, I am doing the best I can!” It really does work for me which is a HUGE miracle b/c sometimes those nasty negative voices are so strong I just can’t get them to shut up and I end up letting them rule my life and I become a prisoner to the FEAR and GUILT that they create so quickly…BUT not anymore b/c I have a POWERFUL statement…so try it next time your negative and critical voices start (we all have them just some of us have LOUDER ones than others)…try it right now, “STOP I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN!” LOVE IT!!!
Oh funny story before we left for playgroup Andrew asked me to take this picture of him being silly at breakfast. Do you think I created a monster or what…what other 4 year old asks to have his picture taken? LOL!!!
So anyways…once we got to playgroup we had so much fun just visiting (me) and playing with friends (Andrew)! YEAH for playgroups on Wednesdays!
Andrew LOVED the tire swing. Thanks Janet for pushing the boys!
When I was such a mean mom & wouldn’t let Andrew throw the rocks he was very creative and decided to have fun with Jett and drop the rocks instead!
Then he joined Rebecca in filling up the bucket with rocks and then dumping it out and doing it all over again, & again, & again! I love how kids get such great joy out of such simple things…here they had this really cool playground but what they really LOVE doing was playing in the rocks! FUNNY!!! I really do need to be more like a kid in that way…just enjoy the simple pleasures in life!
Then when we got home I got cleaned up and put my hair in hot curlers for the first time…what do ya’ll think?
Do you like it straight…
curly…
or hot curled?
Don’t worry you won’t hurt my feelings b/c I won’t let you so just tell me the truth PLEASE!
1 comments:
I think it looks better straight. And ADORABLE blog background, by the way! :)
Post a Comment