Wow, where has time gone? My little boy is 5 years old!!! I just can’t believe it but it is true!
Well, for his birthday we didn’t go up to my parents like we have in the past b/c I am 38 weeks along & not that I think Jackson is going to come early but just being safe & sticking around here until he is born!
Don’t worry though he had “THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER” according to him b/c he got a new Batman Lego Wii game from Mimi & Papa so all morning we played that together.
Then at lunch daddy came & picked us up & we went to lunch at McDonald’s b/c they have Star Wars toys right now but when we got there we found out they only had the lame skateboards but not the cool toys like a mini light saber or Yoda. I was pretty bummed for him but Andrew was really cool about it & just LOVED having daddy there at lunch with us & playing! (Kids really do know how to enjoy the simple things in life!)
Well, we also got him a big light saber for his birthday but decided he needed someone to fight so after lunch we went to Walmart & got another light saber & Andrew picked out another toy since the McDonald toy was such a bummer! After much deliberation he decided to get a Transformer toy which looked really cool but unfortunately after daddy dropped us off back at home we found out the Transformer toy was WAY HARD to change up so another bummer but funny thing is Andrew just LOVED playing games with me all day!! It really made me realize that the most important thing to a kid is your TIME!!!
So we played the new Batman game ALL DAY LONG except for when I made his birthday cake so it would be cooled for Jon to decorate when he came home from work.
When Jon was done with work he called to see if Andrew & I wanted to go get Little Cesar’s pizza with him b/c that is what Andrew wanted for his birthday dinner, but Andrew said no b/c…yep he wanted to continue to play his game. He LOVES that game…THANKS MIMI & PAPA!!!
So after Jon got back we had dinner & then while daddy decorated Andrew’s cake of course we played the GAME AGAIN!! =) Hey it is his birthday so we just did everything he wanted to do all day long which is how it should be on your birthday!
Daddy did so great decorating Andrew’s Cars themed cake & Andrew LOVED that he got to keep the car toys that daddy used on his cake! =)
After cake daddy & Andrew had a light saber fight & Andrew was LOVING every minute of that!
The best part was when we asked him what his favorite part of his birthday was & he said, “When daddy came home from work & played with me!” WOW, he sure does LOVE his daddy!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Love Bug! I am so excited that you are growing up to be such a great BIG BOY!!! LOVE YA!!!
4 comments:
Aw happy late birthday Andrew! I didn't know you were naming your little guy Jackson?!? How funny! That's what we named our third! LOL
YAY! I'm so glad that Andrew had such a fun birthday. Y'all are such nice parents to spoil him and let him do whatever he wanted on his birthday. And you are right...that's exactly how time should be spent on your birthday. Sorry we were lame and didn't even call and sing or send any gifts. We love and miss you! :)
Looks like he had a really fun day! Cambree has been looking at these pictures with me and she thinks Andrew is Tyson. They actually do look alike, I guess they both look lik etheir handsome daddys! Anyway we miss and love you guys and hope that little Jackson gets here soon! Keep us posted!
I'm so happy you blogged again. It is so fun to see pictures and the happy smiling faces of the people you love the most. I love the one of Jon and Andrew using their light sabers. Wow such joy and wonderment. Love love love Mimi
Post a Comment