CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

God’s Hand is In ALL Things (March 19, 2013)

I am NOT writing this post to gloat about what I did yesterday (March 19, 2013), I just want to remember the thoughts & things on my heart as I ponder about yesterday!

So I wasn’t quite sure if I was going to do my Visit Teaching this month b/c with Spring Break it just was so crazy. Also I didn’t want to be a annoyance to my sisters that I visit either by forcing a visit in the last 2 weeks for this month. BUT I just have such a strong testimony of the POWER & PRIVILEGE of Visit Teaching my assigned sisters so I went ahead & called them all up & setup 2 for yesterday morning.

Of course as always I was running late in the morning & just NOT in the Visit Teaching kind of mood but tried to put that aside & said a quick prayer before I went into the sister’s house.

I LOVE going Visit Teaching…by the time I left her house I just felt so uplifted by what she had taught me & the true friendship we share. So right when I am about to leave somehow it comes up that I am looking for a toddler car seat & it just so happens that she was selling one so I bought it from her. Now that might not seem like anything to anyone else but I know GOD’S HAND was in that & I am so grateful that even on something that small HE CARED enough to help me!

So I hurried to drop off some garden fresh green onions to a sister that doesn’t necessarily like me to come visit her, BUT surprisingly this time she was very appreciative & I think it made her day to get some nice fresh green onions! Again GOD’S HAND was in this moment too & I am grateful HE CARES enough for HIS DAUGHTERS to setup this awesome program called Visit Teaching!

Off I ran to my next Visit Teaching appointment which of course I was late to! Luckily this sister is AMAZINGLY patient with me & just laughed off my lateness b/c she knows how I like to talk (like A LOT of you know)! We had a wonderful visit & I really felt the Spirit. In fact the Spirit was SO STRONG that I had the courage to invite her to come to church this Sunday which I normally wouldn’t do b/c I don’t want to offend her. AGAIN…GOD’S HAND was in this too b/c without HIS Spirit I wouldn’t have been able to do this hard thing! HE IS JUST SO AMAZING!!!! Then toward the end of our visit she asked if I wanted a box of new nursing pads she had, but I don’t nurse anymore so at first I said no. Then I thought of a sweet new mom that I was going to go visit so I grabbed them for her! GOD’S HAND was in that too!

After, I headed to HEB to get some groceries & just happened to bump into a sweet friend & even though she doesn’t know it she lights up my day when I see her just because she is such a STRONG HAPPY woman! So this sweet friend then gave me some more strength to just keep going with my crazy day & GOD’S HAND was in that too!

The rest of the day went pretty normal except for that night when I was coming home from a nail appointment in Cedar Park & I witnessed a car wreck on Lakeline & Pagedale! Now I anticipated that I would be home around 10:15pm but my friend & I just got talking during my nail appointment so instead I was headed home around 10:30pm & that is exactly when the accident happened! I know that GOD’S HAND was in that too!

I saw that the minivan had been hit by a car & then hit the light pole in the median so I parked my van in a safe place & ran over to the woman getting out of the van. I made sure she was okay & then she started freaking out b/c her 2 year old daughter was in the back seat crying! We got the little girl out of the van & walked over to the sidewalk where we would be safe. I was so shook up b/c I just knew what this mom was going through as she held her little one SO CLOSE & just kept saying, “I’m SO GLAD I buckled you in right!” I know that GOD’S HAND was in that too!

Then I was so amazed at all the strangers that came together to help out! One held the little girl while the paramedics checked out the Mom. Another ran into their house & grabbed a jacket to put over the little girl b/c it was chilly outside. Another stayed with the teenage girl that had ran the stop sign & caused the accident. The teenage girl was so shook up & the younger lady just stayed right by her side & kept telling her, “Accidents happen, it’s okay!” I used my cell phone to call the Mom’s mother to tell her what happened & to come down there to get the daughter! After the firefighters, paramedics & policemen got there we weren’t really needed but I stayed around b/c I had witnessed part of the accident & wanted to make sure they didn’t need my statement. Well, another guy that witnessed the accident was talking to me & said he wouldn’t have been here at this time either but a hockey player got hurt so the hockey game went longer than usual! WOW, it is amazing how GOD puts us where we need to be so we can help HIS CHILDREN!!!

I was sad for what happened but saw GOD’S HAND even in this accident! Come to find out that the Mom was on her way to the airport to pick up her husband who had just lost his job. Now I know that sounds like a merciless God that would let this happen to this family especially right now but after she shared this information with us everyone said, “We’ll pray for your family & just trust in God. It will all work out!” I was thinking what kind of power can all those prayers from total strangers have for this family? GOD’S HAND was in this too!

After everything was taken care of & the policeman escorted me safely back to my van, I just sat there for a moment giving thanks to my Heavenly Father for ALL I had been given that day! I just was full of gratitude & prayed for the family of both people! BOY, a car accident sure puts things in perspective & reminds me of what is really important…PEOPLE, even total strangers!

When I got home at 11:30pm I couldn’t help but snuggle a little closer with my husband & go in & kiss my kids & stop a moment to just watch them sleep so peacefully!

GOD’S HAND truly is IN ALL THINGS & today just strengthened my testimony of that!

1 comments:

Elder and Sister Johnson said...

I love you Lexie. YOU are a stong wonderful women.