Well, a couple weekends ago I visited my parents b/c my Aunt Jeri was here from Utah and she really wanted to see Andrew and I really wanted to see her. We only stayed for a couple of days but it was soo good to see my parents and I actually felt A LOT better when I was up there with them. Maybe I should've just stayed up there so I would stay out of this funk. =)
My dad had fixed up the fort and added on steps, a steering wheel, and a climbing wall so the grand kids could get up to the slide easier. He did an awesome job and it is just such an awesome feeling to know he loves his grand kids so much to make the fort more toddler friendly for them. He is such a great grandpa and such a cute buddy to Andrew.
I love my mom so much. The moment we walked in the door, she had homemade yummy soup ready for us. She is amazing and her cooking is the VERY best. I love how I can talk to my mom so easily and not worry about her judging me or anything like that.
While we were there, Lisa (my big sister) & I went for a walk. Man it felt so good to just talk and walk with my best friend. I felt so safe telling her how I was feeling and just listening to her. She is so understanding and doesn't try to make everything better, but just listens. I love her and I am soo glad we got to hang out for the little while. It reminded me of the good old days when we would have our midnight talks.
It really did feel good to play games and just hang out with my family. My family has always been there for me no matter what is going on. I feel so lucky to have a family like that and also that they are only a couple of hours away so I can see them often.
0 comments:
Post a Comment