CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Andrew & I Fly to Utah (Tuesday: Aug. 24, 2010)

Jon didn’t work this morning so we woke up early and got packed up, dropped by the office for adjustments and then headed out to Schlotzky’s for lunch. We shared a Mediterranen pizza and it was delicious.

003

After lunch Jon drove us to the airport so we could fly to Utah and help Gran Ruth out for 2 weeks since she had major heart surgery on July 20th and still needs help.

004

Of course I had to show my TX pride!

005

We got through the security with no problems at all and Andrew was such a big boy and a great helper.

While we were waiting for our plane Andrew colored and really did a great job entertaining himself. He really is such a GREAT kid!

006

He was SO EXCITED when he saw our plane at the terminal and wanted to get on immediately.

009

He was such a good boy on the plane. He watched a movie for a little while but then the batteries died and instead of getting angry Andrew just entertained himself by playing with his toys and then we played Hide & Go Seek (he hid under his blanket and I acted like I couldn’t find him and then he would act like he couldn’t find me) for a long time. Then he had to go potty but whenever the potty was available we couldn’t get back there fast enough and someone else would go in so we finally went back to wait and the older man in front of us saw Andrew was doing the potty dance so let us go in front of him. THANK YOU!!! I love when complete strangers I just so understanding and kind.

011

Right after we got our luggage Andrew said he had to go potty really bad and started running around so I just left our luggage and we ran for the bathroom. Again a stranger saw us and directed us to where the bathrooms were. After that minor emergency potty break, I called Cade (my cousin who was picking us up from the airport) to see where he wanted us to meet him and he said he was driving around so to go to the passenger pick-up area so I dragged our luggage out there and finally got there and he jumped out and threw our luggage in and away we went to Gran Ruth’s house.  He was so sweet b/c when we got to Gran Ruth’s he took our luggage upstairs for me. THANKS CADE!!!

Mimi had been helping Gran Ruth for the previous 2 weeks so she had left fun stuff for Andrew to do and some new PJs. Andrew was SO EXCITED when he saw the stuff. THANKS MIMI!!!
015

Gran Ruth had been staying at her friend’s while Cade came and picked me up so when her friend brought her home Andrew couldn’t wait to show her the Spiderman coloring book Mimi had gotten for him.  Gran Ruth was so cute with him and really listened to him.

016

Then Mimi called to see how everything was going and also told Gran Ruth to get out her singing and dancing pig the sisters had gotten her b/c she now has a pig valve in her heart. Andrew just LOVED the pig and would wag his butt back and forth like the pig does. Andrew would just laugh and laugh and then when Gran Ruth would put it away Andrew would beg her to do it one more time. FUNNY!!!

018

At bed time Andrew was SO EXCITED to wear his new PJs and even posed with Gran Ruth for a picture.

019

Doesn’t he just look so CUTE? THANKS AGAIN MIMI!!!

020

Can you say spoiled? Boy we are going to have A LOT of fun here at Gran Ruth’s. YEAH!!!

021

I was so tired after a long day of traveling so off to bed we went. Also we had therapy at 11 am in the morning so I wanted to get a good night’s sleep to be ready to drive Gran Ruth to that and help her get ready in the morning.

Thanks Gran Ruth for letting us come help you!

1 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

That's a cute picture of Andrew & Rufio. I am so glad you are there to help her!