CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Provo Temple, McDonald’s Batman, Grandpa & Grandma Guymon visit, Golden Corral, Trace slicks (Wednesday: Sept. 1, 2010)

So after Gran Ruth’s therapy we went by the Provo Temple & WOW was it gorgeous! 049

While we were there Andrew had to go potty so we went into the guest room of the temple and went potty. Even though we were going potty I still wanted Andrew to know how special it is to be able to go in the temple and to make it a teaching moment. I explained that the temple was Heavenly Father’s house and that if you are really still and quiet you can feel His love. Well, up to now Andrew had been pretty fidgety b/c he was now waiting for me to go potty but right after I said that he got really still and then whispered so softly, “Mom I really can feel Him here.” Even though I was going potty I almost cried b/c the spirit was so STRONG and that was such a tender moment that I will never forget!

We took lots of pictures and Andrew LOVED being on temple grounds and seeing all the beautiful flowers and fountains.

044

045 

046

047

When we got back to Gran Ruth’s car she was sitting in the shade of this tree so Andrew just plopped down beside her. He really does LOVE her & she really does LOVE him so much!

048

Andrew LOVES the temples so much and even though he was WAY EXCITED to go to McDonald’s and get Batman in his Happy Meal he still sang “I Love to See the Temple” all the way there. Gran Ruth said she really enjoyed his singing. He really does have a great voice and can carry a tune really well. I like to think he got that from me & I hope he continues to love good music b/c music is such an important part of my life!

(Which reminds me I have to sing this Sunday, Sept. 19th so I better get practicing.)

050

Have you ever seen a happier boy?

He LOVES his Batman and it went EVERYWHERE with him.

051

First of all I loved this Ronald McDonald statue but also I love how you can see the BYU flag on the window. FUNNY!!!

055

Gran Ruth’s Relief Society presidency came over to visit and see how they could be of service to her since she can’t drive herself around anymore. They also brought these GORGEOUS roses to cheer her up. It makes me feel better knowing that Gran Ruth has such a great support system and loving Relief Society sisters that will be able to help her when I got home again.

057

042

Most of the day we just hung out and Andrew just had so much fun playing with his new Batman from McDonald’s. I LOVE how he can entertain himself so well. In fact, sometimes he was being so quiet I even forgot he was there but that only happens once in a while.

060

Then later on Grandpa & Grandma Guymon (Jon’s parents) came to visit us and play with Andrew before we met up with Laura’s (Jon’s sister that lives in Payson) family at Golden Corral for dinner.

Grandpa was so CUTE with Andrew & really does LOVE him so much and vice versa.

061

Grandma Guymon even got involved with the fun of looking at Andrew’s new Batman that he got today at McDonald’s.

062

Grandpa Guymon even played Hide-and-Go-Seek with Andrew. He was so cute getting on his hands and knees and acting like he really couldn’t find Andrew even though Andrew was laughing up a storm under the table.

066

After Grandpa found Andrew it was now Grandpa’s turn to hide.

067

When Andrew found Grandpa he yelled, “Oh, there are you.”

070

Then Andrew wanted Grandpa to do Timily Tut with him but Grandpa had no clue what Andrew was talking about so he did the three little piggy's one. BUT after he was done Andrew wanted to teach Grandpa Timily Tut so we did and even though it had been 3 days since Uncle Ray taught it to him he still remembered every word.

071

Then it was time to read the “Where’s Waldo” book that he got from Wendy’s. He is so good at finding Waldo and LOVES this book too.

074

Then we headed off to Golden Coral for dinner. It was so much fun to Charles, Laura & their girls, Crystal & Carlie.

Also the Guymon's were very kind & paid for our dinners. THANK YOU!!!

076

So the dinner was going great but then it got disgusting b/c after Andrew ate these gummy bears he just up chucked all of them, the pizza, & the spaghetti he had just eaten. Laura was so sweet and helped me clean up the big chunks but then we were leaving so I just informed a waitress what had happened. I felt really bad about it & tried to clean it up the best I could with napkins but I sure wouldn’t want to be the person that had clean up duty that night. YUCK!!!

077

Charlie wasn’t phased by the throw up incident though and even posed for this picture with his dessert creation. Andrew just wanted to get out of there and was so embarrassed that he almost cried. POOR KID just ate too much!

080

When we were getting ready to leave Crystal didn’t want to give Andrew a hug so Laura threatened Crystal so she did give Andrew a hug but as you can see from her face it wasn’t very willingly. She is probably thinking, “YUCK you just threw up all over the place why would I want to hug you?” LOL!!082

When we got home we called daddy and told him all about our fun time with the Guymon's. Now though every time we call daddy Andrew wants Trace to give him slicks and when “Trace” does he just laughs and laughs. SILLY BOY!!!

001

THANK YOU AGIAN GUYMONS for a fun time!

0 comments: