CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mimi & Papa Visit (Feb. 25-26, 2011)

Papa & Mimi drove down here to Austin to attend the State Wrestling Tournament & to see US!!!

They drove over to our apartment after the morning wrestling session, we went & picked Andrew up from preschool & then went out into the parking lot to find Papa’s new car which Andrew was excited to ride in but Papa was being funny & told Andrew this red van was his new COOL car so Andrew just believed him & was going around to get in when Papa told him the truth…

041

This was Papa’s NEW COOL AWESOME Corvette! Andrew loved sitting in the corvette & LOVED it when Papa took him for a ride & played “driving” music too!

043

Papa said on their ride that Andrew kept on saying, “Go FASTER Papa, faster!” Boys…I guess even at 4 years old they know what a cool muscle car is! Although Andrew & Papa kept on calling it the Batmobile! LOVE IT!!!

044

While Papa & Andrew went for a spin mom & I headed across the street to our chiropractic office & Jon made her feel so much better & then it was Papa’s turn when they got back from their little drive.

Andrew decided to help daddy work on Papa!

046

Best buddies!

048

After that Papa headed back to the wrestling tournament but we were lucky to be able to keep Mimi with us. When we got back to the apartment Mimi showed Andrew the gift Papa had brought him, a play doctor kit. Andrew LOVED being Mr. Doctor & going around to his “patients” to help them feel better! We were laughing though b/c when Mimi was showing how to use the play shot & she yelped when he did it on her arm he didn’t know why she thought it hurt…he has never gotten a shot so he had NO CLUE what real shots were like!

050

Our little Doctor! Thanks Papa, he still LOVES his doctor kit & helps us feel better!

051

Later we were bored & needed some things from Costco so we all jumped in the car. While we were there Mimi totally spoiled us & bought us yummy strawberries, mandarin oranges for Andrew’s lunch, cashews, & many other treats. Then she treated us to ice cream & of course a smoothie for Andrew! THANKS MOM!!! We sure love when you spoil us!

That evening after Papa got back from the wrestling tournament we headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner & even though I had called ahead we still had a pretty good wait but Papa took care of that with the Cars Movie on his phone. Andrew thought that was so much fun to watch a movie on Papa’s phone & to be able to ride in the corvette again over to the restaurant. In fact Papa even asked Andrew if he wanted to ride over in the corvette or if he wanted to give his mom (me) a turn…without even hesitating Andrew said No he didn’t want to give me a turn.  What?!?! Silly boy!

Once we finally did get to eat Jon & I split a full rack of ribs & I LOVED them!!! I could have eaten a FULL slab all by myself…I don’t know what is going on but with the pregnancy I have really LOVED RED MEAT & those RIBS were the BEST!!!

052

The next day, Saturday, mom hung out at their hotel while Papa went to the wrestling tournament then we met up with them at Moonies Burgers for lunch. While we were waiting for our YUMMY lunch Papa played in the kids area with Andrew & together they built a big tower. Andrew sure LOVES spending time with his Papa & Papa is so good at playing with him & spoiling him! I LOVE watching Andrew play with Papa & Mimi!

056

After lunch we headed back to the apartment to just hang out & then I remembered that we needed to get a copy of our safe key my parents had b/c we had misplaced ours so Papa said Jon & I could go get a copy in his CORVETTE. Jon was SO EXCITED & couldn’t believe he got to drive a brand new corvette! I was a little on edge about it b/c I was so worried about him wrecking it but once I relaxed the vet really was LOT of FUN to ride in & I felt like a million bucks. Unfortunately though we weren’t able to find anywhere open that could make a copy of this key. Oh well, we at least got to ride in the corvette! YEAH!!!

058

When we arrived home this is what we found…Andrew & Papa playing Mario Kart on the Wii! Andrew had so much fun just hanging out with Papa & Mimi!

060

Then when they got tired of that Papa showed Andrew how to play Angry Birds, a game on his phone!

We really didn’t do anything WAY FUN but it was just FUN to hang out & be together so THANK YOU SO MUCH MIMI & PAPA for coming to visit us! LOVE YA!!!

062

2 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

I am SO GLAD Mom & Dad got to come down and visit and spoil you. I feel bad that we get spoiled so much b/c we're here all the time. I like getting to share the "spoiling" with y'all. Looks like you had a great time.

Elder and Sister Johnson said...

We had such a good time coming to see you and "just hang out". Love ya