CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

2nd Pregnancy up to this point (Dec. 2010-March 16, 2011)

I didn’t really write much about my pregnancy with Andrew so I wanted to jot down some things about this pregnancy!

So you know how we have been trying to get pregnant well...WE ARE PREGNANT!!!
I took a test Saturday ( Dec. 4, 2010) b/c my period usually starts by the 3rd of each month & I just felt different again so I thought we might be pregnant but the test said NO but it might have just been too early so I waited a couple of days & then took the test on Thursday (Dec. 9, 2010) morning & it said POSITIVE!!! I was so excited & I made Andrew a sign that said "I'm Going to be a BIG BROTHER!!!" & took his picture & the positive pregnancy test picture & text them to my parents & siblings! My mom is SO EXCITED & my dad is too, in fact the funny part is that the Christmas letter for this year that my dad always writes was all about that he wants more GRANDKIDS...well Merry Christmas Dad!!! =)

We decided that we wanted to have this one naturally like we did Andrew using the Bradley Method so we started looking up for midwifes & putting our feelers out when we were told about the Austin Birthing Center that used midwives & allowed you to have a natural birth easily unlike some hospitals around this area. So we took a tour & felt immediately that it was the PERFECT place for this birth b/c I just am NOT comfortable having a home birth but I also really didn’t like some things about having Andrew in the hospital b/c they just weren’t very friendly toward a natural birth & we had to fight to have things our way. The birthing center is totally accommodating & I think we will be VERY happy there! 

The early part was pretty easy & I was getting all excited b/c maybe I wouldn’t get way sick like other pregnant ladies did. In fact with Andrew I remembered just needing to eat saltines in the morning before I got up & then I wasn’t nauseas, well then all of the sudden I hit about the 7 week mark & got so nauseas. For a couple of weeks there the only thing I could keep down was Gingerale b/c every time I tried to drink water I would throw everything I had just eaten back up. YUCK!!! I HATE throwing up & hadn’t expected to get so sick this time around. Well, with LOTS of LOVE & SUPPORT from my family & sweet husband I slowly became okay with just doing what I could to keep food down & not feeling so guilty about not eating more healthy. So Gingerale became a staple in my diet & I couldn’t stand to eat any vegetables or to take my prenatal vitamins. At one point I got so nauseas that I just had to lay in bed for about a week. Andrew was such a good helper & would get me my Boost drinks, Gingerale & cheese! He would come into the bedroom occasionally & ask me if a needed anything. Him & Jon were real sweethearts & way understanding!

Finally the nauseas feeling lifted & I was starting to be able to eat things except I still even now can’t do red sauce, like spaghetti or lasagna & even pizza sauce sometimes gets to me. I don’t know why but I just feel really nauseas when I eat it! WEIRD! Also for a time there I totally CRAVED Sonic hamburgers & tater tots. I have no clue why but they tasted SO GOOD to me but now that craving is gone!

Also I forgot how tired being pregnant makes you feel. I have been taking naps almost everyday lately but that might also be b/c I have also been going through a little depressive episode but not near as bad as last year so I have been thankful for that. Although it was been very frustrating & annoying to get so tired so easily. Like for example after I take a shower I am EXHAUSTED & I have to sit down to get dressed & get ready for the day. Also the times I am motivated enough to do dishes, which doesn’t happen that often right now, I am exhausted half way through it & have to take a break & then finish them up later. Oh well, I am overall pretty healthy & haven’t had any major complications so all in all this pregnancy is going great & I am VERY BLESSED!

Around 9 weeks we, Jon & I, went to our first prenatal appointment on Jan 7th & they did blood work, urine sample, & since I hadn’t had a pap smear in a while they did one of those too just to make sure everything was on the up & up. Of course I was found to be totally healthy, which I am so grateful for! During the part where they were trying to hear the heart beat of the baby they were having a difficult time b/c my uterus was retroverted or tipped back so just to be safe & figure out exactly how far along I am they did a quick ultrasound. That was a huge surprise & we couldn’t  believe how small our little baby was. It looked like a little jelly bean but at the same time it was amazing to see the heart beating & to hear it beating. AMAZING!!! I am SO GLAD Jon wanted to come to my prenatal visit b/c that was so neat to see our baby together for the first time! YEAH!!!

Around 14 weeks, our next appointment was on Feb. 11th & we figured since the last one was so drawn out this one would be quick so we just brought Andrew with us. Well, it was a quick appointment but they hadn’t been able to get a good enough measurement of the baby to figure out how far along I was so we did another ultrasound…WOW that was the coolest thing to see how far along in only about 4 weeks our baby had come along. The baby had distinguishable hands, legs & nose. The baby also waved to us & even kicked around. That was a very awe inspiring moment to realize I really am carrying a baby inside me that is so alive & thriving! It was also really neat b/c Andrew was there so he got to see his little sister (we have been telling him the baby inside mommy’s tummy is named Lizzy b/c I really want a girl)! He thought that was pretty cool & is even more excited to be a big brother now!

Somewhere around week 16 I was really dizzy & had to stay in bed for 2 days until the vertigo feeling went away. I called my doctor, Dad, & he said it could have been b/c I was dehydrated which I haven’t been drinking near enough water or being good at taking my prenatal so it might have been but it was just weird. Luckily it went away after 2 days & I am doing better at drinking more water & taking my prenatals more consistently.

At 18 weeks, our most recent appointment was on March 11th & it was a very quick one but we were able to set up our REAL ultrasound where we are going to find out the gender of our baby so that was exciting! We set it up from March 30th during the afternoon so our whole family will able to be there! I am just so excited to find out if we are having another boy or a girl. I really want a girl but I would be perfectly happy with another cute little boy too! YEAH!! I can’t wait!

5 comments:

glenda said...

Looks like you're doing well. Happy you updated!

Elder and Sister Johnson said...

Pappa AND Mimi are so excited and very happy you are over the sickness part. Can't wait!

Michelle said...

Congrats, Lexie! Such exciting news for your cute family!

Mommy said...

Lexie, I am so sorry you have to deal with the sickness. I wish I had talked to you earlier about the birthing center. We were thinking about doing that with this one, but I am so glad you are able to do it. I am so happy for you. Congrats!

Cameron and Cindy said...

Yea! So excited for you!