So Mom wanted Lisa & Autumn to not miss out on the fun so she got a hotel for them for Friday & Saturday night & they came down to see baby Jackson & visit us but mostly to love on Baby Jackson. I kept on teasing Lisa that she had never been down to Austin until now so I guess when I want her to come visit us again I will just have to have another baby! =)
Mom had come up with a very thoughtful plan of taking Andrew to play Friday after he got out of school & then take him to the hotel with them that night too so Jon & I could have bonding time with Jackson! We just relaxed, rented a movie & Jon also got us treats from Shake’s! That was SO THOUGHTFUL of mom, but I guess I shouldn’t have been too surprised b/c she is ALWAYS doing things like that!!!
This picture was taken by Lisa Saturday morning when they were at breakfast at the hotel before they headed over to our apartment.
I felt bad when they arrived b/c I was actually talking to Jon’s dad on the phone & had planned on having baby Jackson all bathed & smelling good with Baby Magic lotion but ran out of time & wasn’t even dressed myself. Oh well, that is why I love my family…we are so laid back & just go with the flow kind of people so they didn’t care, especially my sister, she just wanted to love on that baby!!!
Autumn, my niece, LOVED baby Jackson & was always giving him kisses & gazing down at him!
SO CUTE!!!
Well, I guess it really didn’t matter that I hadn’t given baby Jackson a bath b/c he had a blow out all over my sister & we had to bathe him anyways. While Lisa, my sister, was bathing Jackson he started peeing which she screamed about so I just started laughing & actually had an accident b/c I was laughing so hard (that is typical with Lisa around) but luckily I was already sitting on the toilet so I just quickly lifted the lid & didn’t make to big of a mess!
After all that excitement we met Ron, our realtor, at the house we are going to be closing on Sept. 15th & moving into on Sept. 17th so Mom & Lisa could see it!
This is Andrew’s room, which he calls the “Beach Room” b/c of the surf boards on the wall & the tiki thing on the window! SO FUN!!!
When we got back to the house the kids were trying to sit in the same chair & actually could b/c they are so cute & little!
While we were just hanging out Nate was video talking with mom on her iPhone & so the kids wanted to talk to Uncle Nate & then we all took turns talking to him. It was pretty cool to be able to talk to him & see where he is living now in Japan with the Air Force!
Then Jon decided to entertain the kids by getting out Andrew’s new remote control truck that Papa gave him for his birthday! They had so much FUN but I couldn’t help thinking how great it would be when we have our house with a backyard so they could take it outside & just have so much fun!
After a while the kids started getting cranky so mom said they had to go take naps & then also said I had to go take one too & that she would just feed Jackson a bottle so just sleep as long as I could. Well, I felt bad sleeping while my sister was there to visit but let’s face it she really was there to see Jackson so I went ahead & slept for a while & Jackson actually did really good at taking a bottle! YEAH!!!
Lisa wanted to get a picture of me with Jackson so even though I look like poo I let her b/c I figure memories are more important to capture than perfect images. That was one thing that was nice too, after the birth the weight started coming off pretty easily but even though it was coming off I still wasn’t able to get into my jeans or other pants yet so I was kind of sad, but my mom & sister were so sweet & just kept on reminding me that I had just given birth to a 10 lbs. 1 ounce baby & that I looked great!!! I love when they give me such great compliments & help me realize how great I really am doing so soon after having a baby!
That night mom again took Andrew back to the hotel with them so Jon & I could have more bonding time with Jackson!
I think Andrew had A LOT of fun, what do you think?
That morning mom got Andrew ready for church & Jon met them at the hotel so Lisa & Autumn could follow him to our church! Then later on mom came back to our apartment so I wouldn’t be alone for too long but Jackson & I did great while we were alone & me mostly just slept so I just checked Facebook & email!
Lisa & Autumn just went to sacrament meeting but Andrew had the scripture for primary so while we were waiting for Jon & Andrew to get back Autumn was entertaining us by walking on her tippy toes like ballerinas do which was funny but at the same time really creepy looking too!
Also Lisa said that when they announced that Jackson was born & also how big he was in sacrament meeting there was an audible gasp! I thought that was so funny but I felt proud too that I was able to again have our baby naturally & especially since he weighed 10 lbs. 1 ounce!
My sister is an amazing photographer & has a very nice camera so I asked her to do a photo shoot with Jackson but Trace, our dog, thought it was suppose to be a joint photo shoot with him too!
These are the WONDERFUL picture she took! Isn’t she an AMAZING photographer? I totally think so!
After the photo shoot was over I just let Jackson lay on the floor for a little while & it was so cute b/c Trace came & laid down by Jackson like he was watching over him. Unfortunately, when I went to pick up Jackson Trace tried to nibble his toes so Trace got in trouble & I realized how closely I need to watch Trace when he is around Jackson. Thankfully Trace has gotten a lot better about being gentle & not nibbling on Jackson!
Autumn was just enthralled with Jackson & even when I was nursing him wanted to see him & love on him, so I let her hold him all by herself. Boy did she feel so lucky!
I love how BLUE Jackson’s eyes are & how his hair just goes wherever it wants to & how much hair he was born with!
When Jon & Andrew got home I again hired our photographer & got pictures of my BOYS together!
I would say those are some GOOD LOOKING guys!!!
Even though Andrew isn’t as enthralled with Jackson as Autumn is he still really LOVES his baby brother & is so sweet with him & actually asks to hold him! I am SO GLAD we have two boys b/c there is just something so sweet about watching brothers interact with each other! We are SO BLESSED to have these two sweet boys in our family!
Even though this picture is WAY blurry I love it b/c Lisa had no clue I was watching her or even taking a picture! What a pure & sweet moment to catch!
After Lisa & Autumn left so they could get home before it got too late Andrew wanted to get a picture of Mimi with our two boys! I think he was getting just a tad bit jealous of Jackson getting all that attention but Mimi was so good at making sure he got time with her too & helping me to realize how I still need to reassure Andrew that I have enough love for both him & Jackson!
We sure LOVED having Autumn & Lisa come visit us & I hope they LOVED being here too! Hopefully when we move into our home they will come down & visit more often b/c we will actually have a place for them to stay! YEAH!!!
1 comments:
Thanks for letting us come down and visit and love on Baby Jackson and the rest of you. I can't wait for y'all to come up for the BYU game. LOVE YA!
Post a Comment