Last night we had very strong storms that produced hail, and some tornadoes touched down close to us.
I was at a women's smoothie get together when all of the sudden I knew I had to get my NEW car home and into our garage. I had thought I would come back with Jon's car because it has some damage from the previous hail storm we had, but as I was driving home the sky was so dark and had a green tint. It just looked really scary so I decided to just stay home. Jon was so sweet and had gotten the garage cleaned up so my car would fit. The moment we got the car into the garage and wind really picked up. We ran inside to watch the weather channel and see how strong this storm was. Usually it just it a lot of rain but all of the sudden the weather woman's voice got very urgent and told everyone that was within a box to get in your safe area because there has been tornadoes seen in those areas. So, I took her warning seriously and grabbed Andrew and ran into his bedroom and got his mattress and went into our bathroom. Then I thought of our poor upstairs neighbors and so I ran upstairs to invite them to come down to our apartment b/c it is safer. As I was running up stairs there was hail coming down and almost hitting me. I really have never been so scared of the weather. I actually love thunderstorms usually but these were different. I really did have to pray for comfort and peace especially in this really scary time. I banged on all 4 doors upstairs but there was only one guy that was up there. He lived right above us, but I had never met him. He was very appreciative to us, so I guess if nothing else we met a neighbor through this storm. After the most intense part had passed over us he went back upstairs and we watched our movie we had rented, "Faith Like Potatoes." If you haven't seen this movie you should, b/c it really was a great movie.
I am just so glad that Heavenly Father protected us and our neighbors. I am so grateful to Him.
Last night as I was falling asleep I thought about how quickly I was willing to knock on total strangers doors and tell them about the storm and offer safety. Why do I have such a hard time sharing the gospel with others? Really that is the best safety anyone could have. I love the gospel so much, so why do I have such a hard time sharing it with others? The missionaries are coming over for dinner tonight so maybe I will ask them what to do. Do you guys have any good advice about how to be a member missionary and how I can get over my fear of sharing the gospel?
1 comments:
I'm glad you all were safe!! That sounds way scary!
Post a Comment