CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Got Out of the House...YEAH!!!

So I have had a really bad bout of depression which started around Thanksgiving and just got worse as time went on. In fact it got so bad that I have withdrawn from dental hygiene school again. I went to a psychiatrist and my sweet mom came to stay with us for a little while b/c I was suicidal. My psychiatrist put me on some anti-depressants and other than numbing me it didn't really help so after 6 weeks of trying the medication he now has me trying some very mild electroshock therapy.

I don't really know if the new therapy is working or if I am just so sick of this that even though I get really bad anxiety when I go out of our home I decided to go out to lunch with Jon and Andrew yesterday and actually enjoyed it other than Andrew acting up b/c he was tired. Then I chose to ride in the car to go get a movie with Jon and Andrew later that evening and then I really surprised myself when I went into Walmart with them too instead of staying in the car.

To anyone else these little things probably don't seem like much but to me these were HUGE successes. YEAH ME!!!!

Although it is kind of annoying b/c one day I'll do really good and then the next day I feel horrible again and don't want anything to do with the outside world like this morning but I guess I will just keep trying and just try to be patient with myself.

3 comments:

glenda said...

I think it's great that you're open with it and realize it. I know that I get very depressed sometimes and I brush it aside when I'm so sure I should. I'm glad you go out! Yay!

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

Way to go, Lexie! Every little accomplishment is another step forward. I've been praying for you.

LOVE YOU!

Hanah said...

Aw Lexie dear!! Great job on getting out! I think though slightly different, we all have our good days, and then we all have those bad days too, as long as you can recognize that you're on the right track, and soo great that you still have the encouragement to keep trying!! :D Know that I love you, and am rooting for you!:D