CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter was great!

We had planned on going up to my parents for Easter but when Friday afternoon came and we were leaving to go up there I just had a huge nervous break down and called my mom sobbing trying to explain why we weren't coming anymore. We eventually ended up going back home, I took some Xanax and then 30 min. later we were on our way. I later found out that when my mom thought we really weren't coming she just cried for an hour. My mom has been so loving and understanding with me through this all and it comforts me so much to know I have someone I can talk to that knows exactly what I am going though and how I feel.

Even though the weekend started really rocky we really did have fun up there and it was so great to see all my family. I am positive though that Andrew had the most fun playing with his cousin and seeing Mimi and Papa and everyone else.

Friday night we ate yummy lasagna, french bread (my favorite), salad with yummy grandma taft dressing and then we had some delicious Cake Plate cake that we had brought up. Then Lisa had bought The Princess and the Frog movie for Easter for Autumn so we watched that and it was so cute to watch Andrew and Autumn dance to all the songs. They have so much fun together.

Then Saturday I woke up to yummy hot waffles that my dad made. Thanks dad!!! Around 11 am we got on the rode and were driving to Aunt Sandy's for our Easter family get together. It was so nice to be there and not worry about anything. We had the Easter egg hunt at the farm and then went fishing and just enjoyed being together and the beautiful weather and of course loving on Heather's new baby, Jamie. SOO CUTE!!! We got back to mom and dad's late but Nick wanted to go see Clash of the Titans so he talked Jon and Lisa into going with him. It sounded like they had fun but I stayed home and watched Walle and cuddled with Autumn and Andrew and then went to bed.

Sunday we just hung out, the kids went outside and played with Papa and Lisa, and found hidden Easter basket treats Lisa had so lovingly gotten for everyone. Then the Monzingos our family friends came over to watch conference with us. I LOVED the first talk b/c he talked about how a lady had said that even though a 20 dollar bill was torn, abused, dirty and just worn out it didn't change the value of the dollar bill and it was always going to be a 20 dollar bill and then compared that to people that are just worn out but still are worth so much. I just had tears spilling down my cheeks when I heard this. WOW!!! The rest of conference was good but I don't really remember any talks in particular other than that first one. Then we ate a Easter feast of turkey, garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole and then later on had some yummy cake again. Thank you so much for making the weekend so much fun and for making sure I felt safe there. I love ya'll and miss you already!

1 comments:

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

I really really wish I lived close enough to do stuff like this with my mom and dad. That's so awesome that you got to get together with them for the whole weekend. Sounds like a really great weekend and I also LOVED that talk!! :) Happy Easter!