CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

AWESOME Wildlife Ranch (Thursday: July 22, 2010)

So this morning we woke up early so we could take Trace over to my cousin’s around 8 am so they could watch him for us while we were on vacation, but when Jon was walking down to the car with all of Trace’s stuff and Trace on the leash he accidently dropped the leash and Trace ran down the stairs. Usually this isn’t a big deal b/c Trace usually will wait for us at the bottom of the stairs but this time the zip leash was attached to him. I heard Jon yell for Trace so I came running out and heard a loud yelp from down the stairs where Trace ran. Jon ran down the stairs after him but he was no where to be seen. A lady nearby told us which way he had ran so Jon and I started searching the whole apartment complex. Oddly Trace was no where to be seen then we saw it…Trace’s collar had broke off and the was still attached to it. Oh no…now he was running around with no tags to info…but luckily he had been microchipped when he was at the pound before we adopted him. YEAH!!!

I called the animal control and our apartment office to see if anyone had found him or called them about a lost dog. Jon drove around the streets near our apartment but Trace was no where to be seen. At this point we didn’t know what to do and to make matters worse every time we would come in to the apartment Andrew would anxiously ask if we had found his BROTHER!!! At one point I let Andrew come look with me and he came up with the suggestion to PRAY for Trace to be found so we stopped and he said a simple prayer. I thought for sure we would find him now but still no trace of TRACE!!! (LOL about the word play)

We decided to just put up signs and go on vacation and hope that someone would find him and turn him into their vet or the animal control BUT we still had heavy hearts and Andrew kept on asking where he was. OUCH!!!

046

Even though this morning didn’t start out very nice b/c we lost our dog, the day still was really FUN and we kept busy so we wouldn’t worry so much about Trace.

First up on our vacation plans was going to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. If you have never been you totally have to go. We had a blast!

048

At first there were just deer and little wildlife like that to throw food to from your window. Andrew still really like it though.

059

067

082

While we were driving Andrew all of the sudden said, “We’re in AFRICA!!!” We laughed so HARD but how in the world does he even know about Africa? FUNNY BOY!

092 Then all of the sudden when we saw the ostriches he said, “It’s a SNIPE.” He had been watching the movie UP and on there the old man tells the boy to go find a snipe and when they get to South America the boy thinks the bird is a snipe. FUNNY BOY!

096

I think the ZEBRAS were the best…they ate out of our hands and let us pet them. WOW!!! It was such an amazing thing to experience.

110

Right after I took this picture the zebra stuck it’s head into the car and tried to take Andrew’s Happy Meal bag from earlier today when we stopped for lunch. Luckily Kait was right there so she pulled it away from the zebra. We were all laughing so hard except Andrew who wasn’t too happy about his food almost being taken away.

112

I know I already said it was amazing…but it REALLY was such a AWE inspiring thing to pet this wild zebra. I LOVED IT!!!!

114

As you can see Kait LOVED it too!

115

116 While I was taking pictures of Kaitlin this other zebra stuck it’s head in the window and scared me to death but once I had realized what it was I was all but happy to pet it again.

117

While I was petting the zebra at my window Kait’s zebra decided to try to eat the bag that the animal food was in. FUNNY ZEBRAS!!!

119

Here is where Kait and Jon got brave and fed the zebras out of their hands. CRAZY!!!!

127

There was this cute little baby zebra that I absolutely LOVED.

128

129

134

136 After the zebras nothing seemed very COOL but we did get to see some rhinos and camels that were behind a fence.

144

146 Then we came upon this watering hole where the llamas were and there were these little bird things fighting each other. They were hissing at each other and pecking each other too. That was kind of interesting to see that.

160

There was this really CUTE baby donkey too.

168

We had SO much fun the first time and we still had food left over so we decided to go around again. Andrew LOVED acting like he was driving our little “safari” vehicle. FUNNY BOY!!! We are so in trouble when he is a teenager.

172

174

Since we had already seen most of the animals Kait just chilled in the back waiting until we got to the zebras again.

189

We did follow a different path than last time so we did see different animals like a LONG HORN…we had to get Kait’s picture with that b/c how could you come to TX and NOT get a picture with a LONG HORN!!!!

196

I have NEVER seen horns like this and if I was ever thinking about getting out of the car this would for sure deter me.

198 It was also CRAZY to have these BIG buffalo so close you could probably reach out and touch them.

201

When we got back to the zebra area there were TONS of cars and a huge line up, but we were experienced “safari people” so we knew to stick the white food bag out the window and shake it and they would come a running to us. Unfortunately though they wouldn’t come over to Kait side so she just had to lean over to Jon’s side. It was so AMAZING!!!!

206 208 Nice view ostrich.

210

I LOVED how this sign was posted everywhere but especially over by the rhinos. FUNNY!!!

213

211

While we were stopped looking at the rhinos this ostrich came up to the car unexpectedly and tried to attack Andrew but luckily his window was up so it only hit the glass. Andrew still was freaked out but was okay after we got away from the ostrich.

216

I debated on putting this on my blog of not but here goes and just forgive me:

How many asses do you see in this picture?

220

We were done with the safari part after the second time but there was still the petting zoo to go do and we still had food to get rid of so off we went. On the way there though there is this Lemur Island. The lemurs were so cute and very playful even though it was so HOT!!!

224 I was worried that Kait wouldn’t really like the petting zoo but she absolutely LOVED it!!!

231

I also was worried that Andrew wouldn’t like the petting zoo too much either but I was wrong there too…HE LOVED IT!!!

233 We didn’t even tell Andrew to feed the goats he just all of the sudden was over there doing it. GOOD JOB BUD!!! He is just growing up so fast and becoming so confident with himself. I LOVE seeing that as a mom.

234

Even when one of the goats nibbled on his shirt he just laughed and thought is was so funny.

237 The goats REALLY liked Kait and were jumping up on her. She was LOVING it!!!

240

I am just a sucker for little babies right now so I really LOVED this little baby goat. SO CUTE!!!!

242

Then we saw that you could brush the goats so Andrew was all over that and LOVED it!!!

248

This really was a GREAT way to start our family vacation b/c EVERYBODY (even Jon & I ) had so much FUN!!!

260Kait LOVED this goat so we had to get a picture of her with it.

265

Here we are by the lemurs again. FUN!!!

271 It was cool to see giraffes so close up!

274

It was hilarious b/c when Kait went to pose all pretty for this picture Andrew laid down and tried to pose like her. He REALLY does LOVE her and wants to do everything she does.

280

It was SO HOT so we decided to get some drinks for our drive to our hotel so we went to the Safari Camp Grill.

283Kait was so cute with Andrew and helped him hold his BIG drink.

284I think they had fun b/c the moment we got in the car they were both OUT!!!

292After we checked into our hotel we decided to go to TX Roadhouse for dinner. YUMMY! Of course Andrew had to sit by Kaitlin.

301

Kaitlin HATES country music so she was holding her ears so she didn’t have to hear the country music that was BLARING!

303 I can’t believe I let Jon take this picture of me but this is how much I LOVE their butter…I could melt it and drink it.

304 It was SO NICE to eat yummy food and hang out as a FAMILY!!!

305 Kait really LOVED Andrew and kept on giving him hugs. SO CUTE!!!

311

Andrew wanted to do “cheers” with daddy!

313

Then Kait was trying to get Andrew to try a lemon but Andrew was too smart (or so we thought) and offered it to Kait instead. FUNNY BOY!!!

315

Poor kid, he is so trusting so finally he did try the lemon…his FACE says everything!

316 Daddy came to the recue with a drink to get that SOUR taste out of his mouth.

317 Kait and I were laughing so HARD!!!

318Luckily Andrew was okay and didn’t throw up or anything BUT he did turn to Kait and say, “No,no, no…that was DISGUSTING!” We LAUGHED again!

320 After dinner we went swimming at the hotel. Andrew LOVED swimming and playing with his daddy.

329

334

After we went swimming I got cleaned up while the rest of them went and played BASKETBALL…this hotel was so FUN! It was nice to just have some quiet time to myself after such a crazy, fun and busy day.

That night when we said prayers Andrew prayed that, “ Trace would be found and go to the Watson’s and play with his dog friends." What a simple but faithful prayer of a little boy for his dog and BROTHER!!! I was on the verge of tears and just knew that we would find Trace some how b/c how could Heavenly Father NOT listen to a prayer like that.

1 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

That picture of Andrew after eating the lemon was SO FUNNY!