CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Visit Aunt Jeri & Uncle Dave, Andrew goes to Shannon’s for the weekend, My REALLY CUTE haircut by Josh(Saturday: Sept. 4, 2010)

So this morning we decided to visit Aunt Jeri & Uncle Dave in West Jordan and I was also going to drop Andrew off at Shannon’s to stay with them until Monday (Labor Day) when I would join him & most importantly I was going to get my haircut by Josh, my cousin that is a barber now.

It was so great to see Aunt Jeri and I just wish the best for her.

131

I LOVE this picture/quote in Aunt Jeri’s house.

This is the quote:

Living Life

Life is not a race-but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say “thank you”, “I love you”, and “great job” to someone each day. Go to church,take time for prayer. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. Let your handshake mean more than pen & paper. Love your life and what you’ve been given, it is not accidental- search for your purpose and do it as best you can. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to be. Laugh often. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Do not worry, less wrinkles are more becoming. Forgive, it frees the soul. Take time for yourself-plan for longevity. Recognize the special people you’ve been blessed to know. Live for today, enjoy the moment.

132

I also LOVE this one too!

134

Andrew wanted to go to Shannon’s so bad but had to give Gran Ruth loves first.

135

When we got to Shannon’s house Andrew threw open the car door, jumped out and was up knocking on the front door before I even got out of the car. He was SO EXCITED and was so happy to be able to yell and play and be a little boy again.

In fact he was having so much fun that when I got ready to leave and told him bye he just waved at me and yelled bye. Little stinker, I had to demand a hug and kiss from him!

While I was driving to the salon that Josh, my cousin, works at I just was so EXCITED & couldn’t wait to experience something different & get to visit with Josh. I needed a change so bad and had been wanting to cut my hair for months.

Josh was SO fun like he always is and even was a good sport and took pictures for me! Now how many barbers do you know that would take time to take pictures? LOL!!!

136

This picture reminds me of the part on Princess Diaries when Paulo (the hair dresser) is trying to figure out what hair to give the future princess and one hair style he does is kind of like this and she says, “I look like a moose” & he respond, “You make all the guy moose go WAAA”! So I guess this is my moose hair do! LOL!!!

137

When Josh was almost done with my hair another client walked-in so I just told him to take care of the guy and then just return and finish me after. While he was cutting the other guys hair I kept on looking at myself in the mirror and couldn’t stop playing with my hair. I LOVE IT!!

140

WOW, I have never had someone cut my hair so awesomely & I am SO HAPPY with the results although I don’t know if I will ever be able to get it to look like this again. Oh well, I’ll do my best and love it no matter what!

Also the orange chair I am in was my Grandpa Jay’s old barber chair but now Josh uses it so that was kind of cool!

I really did feel like a whole new woman when I walked out of that salon!

THANKS JOSH…I LOVE MY HAIR!!! YOU ARE THE BEST BARBER EVER!!!

141

142

143

Wow that is A LOT of hair! I know it is just hair but when I get my hair cut in the new style I actually feel like stress and weight emotionally has been cut off too. 144

After I got my haircut I went and picked up Gran Ruth at Aunt Jeri’s and we went home. When we got home this is what we found…

I had made Gran Ruth a breakfast shake but she didn’t like it b/c it was too thick so I just left it on the counter b/c we were already running behind. When we got home it was so thick and looked like oatmeal. YUCK!!!

145

So it was really weird to go to bed without Andrew b/c he stayed at Shannon’s to hang out with them. I forgot what it was like to be kid-free. Don’t get me wrong it was very nice but very weird too. It felt like part of me was missing!

0 comments: