CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Visiting Grandma Johnson (Sunday: Sept. 5, 2010)

Today when I came down stairs this is what I saw…Gran Ruth’s REALLY THICK breakfast shake from yesterday had over flown. Oh well, it wasn’t that hard to clean up and was really no big deal but we sure did get a good laugh out of that one!
It was so weird to get up this morning and not have Andrew to get ready for church. Then during sacrament meeting I kept on looking down thinking that Andrew was being way too quiet and then I would remember he was up at Shannon’s staying with her for the weekend.
I was so proud of Gran Ruth b/c today she went to sacrament meeting even though she was WAY tired. Everyone there was so excited to see her and missed her so much since she hadn’t been to church since her surgery on July 20th.
001
Later on I met up with Grandpa Johnson & he showed me where Grandma Johnson’s grave was which was so special to me b/c I had to miss her funeral b/c it was during finals week when I was still in dental hygiene school & education meant A LOT to Grandma so I decided to honor her life by doing really good on my finals which I did, too bad the next semester didn’t work out. OH WELL!
It was so nice that her headstone was a bench so Grandpa and I could just sit and talk and remember Grandma.
Looking at what is on Grandma’s headstone really reminded me what is most important in life…family! Also it made me wonder what would people put on my headstone or in other words what will my legacy be that I leave?
004
005
I also LOVED how from Grandma’s headstone bench you could see a gorgeous view of “Y”  & Timpanogus mountains b/c those were her favorite.
009
011
It was great to be able to visit with Grandpa but next time I am in Utah I will for sure have to go to her grave by myself so I can just talk to her alone.
012
It was VERY tender and touching to hear stories from Grandpa about how him and Grandma met and fell in love. I could really tell that Grandpa really did and still does love Grandma and miss her SO much!
013
After we visited Grandma, Grandpa showed me the house where he grew up and continued to tell me stories until I finally had to go.
Grandpa thanks for taking me to see Grandma Johnson & telling me all the wonderful stories & sharing you most treasured memories!
016
(P.S. My bangs look horrid b/c it was so windy. Oh well!)

0 comments: